There are a few tens of narcotics, from well-known to exotic and very rare ones, existing today in Russia. Some time ago only few people of our country knew about narcotic drugs. Today psychotropic and narcotic substances are known worldwide. The information about narcotic drugs is widely discussed in mass media, so the knowledge of them became nowadays an ordinary thing for many of people. The list of main substances, which possess narcotic effects, is given in the table below.
|CAFFEINE||DOB, DOM, DOC, DOI||LYRICA||MORPHINE||SPICE|
|CATHINONE (CAT)||EPHEDRINE||MDA||NITROUS OXIDE||TIANEPTINE|
1. Narcotic drugs, produced legally:
- Narcotic pharmaceuticals (usually produced in small amounts).
- Narcotic drugs, produced for scientific, technological or some other use (usually produced in small amounts).
2. Narcotic drugs, produced illegally. Sales of these drugs are prosecuted according to criminal legislation.
1. Homemade narcotic drugs.
They are made with the help of home equipment and instruments, domestic or easily accessible reagents and solvents.
a) Plant-based narcotic drugs.
- Narcotic drugs, produced by machine working of herbal raw material. They are made of various herbs, containing narcotics, by machine working (grinding, pressing) or by thermal treatment (drying).
- Narcotic drugs, produced by chemical treatment of herbal raw material. They are made by extraction of active narcotic components out of herbs with the help of chemical reagents, for the purpose of getting finally more active narcotic substances.
b) Narcotic drugs, made of pharmaceutical compositions (homemade narcotics, produced of ephedrine, pseudoephedrine and methylephedrine).
c) Narcotic drugs, made of chemical substances (pervitin, phencyclidine). They are received of chemical substances by using simplified technology of drug production.
2. Narcotic drugs, produced by laboratory methods (various kinds of synthetic and semisynthetic narcotics), received with the help of laboratory engineering.
a) Narcotic drugs, produced by standardized description of drug production, in accordance with methods with established standards of output and physical and chemical characteristics. Output is a relation of quantity of substance, practically received in the process of production - to the quantity of the substance, which is to be received theoretically, measured in percent.
b) Narcotic drugs, produced by standardized description of drug production. As a rule, they are made in accordance with methods of synthesis, described in scientific literature; in practice the methods may be often slightly changed.
3. Narcotic drugs, produced with the help of industrial equipment and by using industrial technology.
a) Narcotic drugs, produced by standardized description of drug production (solution of promedol in ampoules, for example); made in conformity with approved industrial regulations.
b) Narcotic drugs, produced by standardized description of drug production. The process of manufacturing is not carefully regulated, or regulated with some digressions.